Skimming or tape jointing overboarded ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a post here some place. Basically I have overboarded my bathroom ceiling which is quite small 2m x 2m.
Because I have done it myself there are 3 places where I need to use joint compound and tape then sand down.

My question is: Because of the small size of the ceiling isn't it better just to get a plasterer in to skim it? Or do I have to use joint compound and tape it first? I have read posts that mention all this. Please excuse me for being dull lol

I appreciate all replies. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Much better to get a plasterer in to skim it but have you used square or taper edge boards? Either way you don't need to do anything by way of preparation; your plasterer will tape the joints immediately before he skims the ceiling. A small ceiling like that will be over & done in 2 hours easily but you may end up being charged for ½ day, do you have any other plastering work that needs doing & could add in? It may be more cost effective for you.

Yep, get it platered, Where did you come to the conclusion it should be joint taped. filled out and sanded?
It would be much quicker to plaster it and material costs slightly cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies.

I have self adhesive tape so I guess I will tape the joints and then get a plasterer in. As long as the job is done to a high standard I don't might paying 1/2 day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back