Skimming over hardwall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.

Bit of a newbie here...so go easy on me....

I've had some electrical work and plumbing/heating work on my house, and some of the chases have been filled with what I expect is bonding or hardwall. I have also filled 3 large unused 'hotair' vents using the mixture (I forget what was in the bag, but it was either bonding or hardwall) on a backing of some plaster board I stuck inside the hole. Anyway, I've got a rough, but flattish surface, but I stupidly forgot to 'key' it. Now I need to skim over it, to make my walls all nice. Is the fact that I forgot to key it gonna cause me problems when I come to skim? Also, how can I prep the wall- PVA?

Finally, there are some chases that haven't been filled yet (mainly over plastic trunking for electric cables). Should I use bonding, hardwall, or something else.

Thanks you all

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back