skimming plasterboard

M

marsaday

Is one coat normal or two ? Normally i put on one coat and then trowl that to finish. i will be doing a new wall this weekend and wondered if i should be doing 2 coats.

Sponsored Links
Always 2 coats,, easier to do it that way,, much better finish too.
I put on "4" coats,, 2 of bonding, then 2 of finish, but that's just my preference. ;)

Ok. thanks. If i do the first coat, do i make up my next mix on finishing and then apply, or do i give it a bit longer (from finishing to making a new mix will be 15 mins approx).

Sponsored Links
Ideally you should be getting your two coats from the same mix or you may create more problems than it’s worth but, for the inexperienced, two coats is always the way to go. As you progress you should not get too hung up on it; it’s not cast in stone that you have to apply 2 coats & there are many instances where I will single coat but that’s another story/topic. It comes up on here often & a search through the archive should bring up previous threads which will give you the pros/cons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back