Applying Hardwall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Previously I've done a fair few re-skims of walls in finishing plaster, but soon I need to attempt my first plastering from a bare brick wall.

I found most of the answers I need on how to approach the task, but the one thing I can't seem to find is the actual method for applying the hardwall.

Is it applied like finishing plaster, I.e. 2 coats with the second trowled smooth, or is it more like render I.e. trowlled on and then rulled off with a feather edge? Do I need two coat, or will one suffice?

Also, what's the workable time of the hardwall like? Is it all a rush like with mutli-finish, or do I have a bit more time to play with like with rendering?

Thanks in advance for your help
Andy :)

Sponsored Links
like render put it on and rule off then devil scratch weather you can do it with 1 or 2 coats depends on how straight your wall is if your wall is uneven you are going to be putting more in some places than others, its not a job a beginner can do in my opinion you may find it easier to run some screeds up the wall first and the rule off those

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back