Skirting Boards and Plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting my flat skimmed next week. I have removed all the old skirting and attached grounds for the new stuff (not as tall as the original skirting but as tall as I could get) Currently the grounds don't come out as far as the plaster on the walls, will they need to be thicker than the current plaster? I've also noticed that my door frames are in line with the plaster, will I need to add some strips of wood here? I'm thinking if the skim is .25 of an inch the plaster will jut out further than the facings.

Any advice? The plasterer is coming round on Sunday for a look but I want to get as much done before then as possible.

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Best to ask the plasterer who's going to do the job! I've avoided a lot of what I thought were essential bits of preparation by asking the plasterer what needed doing first.

the grounds are sound there just so you can fix skirtings and as long as there not proud of the wall your ok. dont worry about the caseings you skim flush to them, make sure theres no paper anywhere decide what your doing with the floor covering, let the plasterer know. if your having extra sockets,lights or switches get them done before the plasterer starts the job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back