Plaster stuck on skirting board... How to paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I got someone to skim the walls of a room in 1930s. I was hoping to paint the room after that.

However, there is plaster all over the skirting. Sanding is painful and still not removing plaster from every where. What options do I have:

1. Sand the whole skirting board and then paint everything?

Or

2. Change the skirting? I have never done this and really a newbie at DIY. If I go with this, how can I prevent newly put plaster from ruining?

Or

Any other better option to remove plaster?

Thanks
Neeraj

Sponsored Links
Try scraping or chipping the majority of it off before sanding.

You don't want to replace the skirting board now as it would probably damage the plaster.

Thanks for replying. Given I plan to also put wooden floor (removing carpet) I'm pondering on the thought of replacing skirting board. There are only two but go into the cupboards at two ends. How hard a job will it be to replace?

Keep soaking it in water, it will soften & then you will be able to screape it off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back