Skirting boards nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided to take the skirting boards in my lounge back down to wood. Anyway so i start sanding down the door and the first wall that's done except the extreme corners. Then I came to my other skirting boards which have radiator pipes going over the top of them so cant really fit the sander in there for a decent angle. So i bought some paint stripper, wire wool and a heat gun today. Tried the heat gun seems to remove the gloss fine but not the bottom stain so that was waste of money. So I start using paint stripper which got the gloss off and is sort of getting the stain off but the actual wood still has a lot of stain colouring.

I've wasted most of my weekend messing about with this. I'm on the brink of just undercoating and glossing it. The clearance from floor to pipes is 10 cm with the carpet up. I would like to do this whilst the carpet is down so clearance is a little less than 10cm. Half the job has these poxy pipes above the skirting boards. Is there any power tool small enough that I can get down in that clearance. Id prefer to sand it down as painstakingly slow as it is at least at the start of the job I was getting some where, last image, first and second image is how far i got with paint stripper however don't want to use this method as its extremely messy. Can anyone recommend a tool that can help with sanding down within the size above?

Any help appreciated.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The sanding pads velcro type keep coming off the sander so i give up now and am not going to bother.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back