Sky + Box Poor Sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a new flat where satellite dishes are not allowed...so Sky is 'piped' in....the problem is,to get any decent sound i have to put the volume on my TV to full volume...yes...full volume...on freeview there is no problem..full volume on tv would blow your head off...Sky say nothing wrong with their box..i say there is..they suggest buying a home cinema system...no way..needless to say when my agreement is up or .. sooner...Sky goes...anyone any idea what's the problem ???

Sponsored Links
Have you asked others that are coming of the same sky system about there sound levels.

All are Senior Citizens..most are on Freeview..except 2 who seem to be having the same problem.

If you are in a block, then you have a committe or a management committee etc, then sort it via them, you are paying for a service that you are not getting.

Sponsored Links
Can you clarify how things are set up? do you have your own sky box? if so what type of box is it and how is it connected to the TV?

Feed comes in via wall socket..connects to my Sky + HD Box..then via HDMI lead to TV.
My son-in-law gave me his fathers old Sky digibox and when i tried this the sound nearly blew me away,so fault is obviously with Sky + HD Box..although i have read that sound problems with these boxes are quite common.

What's the make and model number on the label?

What's the sound like when connected via a Scart lead instead of HDMI?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back