Sky Dish Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know how much to replace new dish with installation if possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well i Sky mindish and LNB can be had for around £20 on eBay then a fitter will prob charge about £40 to carry out a standard install plus cabling.
Its not that hard to do a DIY install hardest part is fixing the wall bracket. You can line the dish up using the built in signal test meter on the Sky box.
of course you could use Sky and they charge £65 for a callout where they replace any failed parts including digi/plus box for that price.

Sponsored Links
Hi does anyone know how much to replace new dish with installation if possible.

Thanks

proberly depends on what package you subscribe too
http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/home[/QUOTE]

Thanks I should of said satelitte dish not sky package.

Sorry lost me now.
Do you want to replace a faulty "new dish".
Install a new dish because you dont have one
Why would you want just the dish

Do you have an existing sky package.
I am sure if you have, sky will do it for you, if you have a decent package,
Rather than lose your custom,
If you want to change to sky+ then you need an extra cable to the dish from the box.
Again sky will do that,maybe free if you have a decent package

If you are not a sky customer it may be cheaper to join up get the dish fitted and cancel the contract later.
They would not bother I think coming to get the dish back

With sky the install cost varies depending on how much you want to spend on a package,
that is why I sent you to the website.

Our dish died (it fell off) so I bought a replacement one from Ebay for about £20, delivery wasn't too expensive. That was for the dish, arm and bracket. Fitting was easy, masonary drill bit and a hammer drill. Make sure you use decent anchoring though! The hardest part is alligning the dish to the signal. This site gives some good tips:

http://www.brymar.co.uk/info/Astra/align/align.html

First thing to do is to look at everyone elses dishes, to get a rough guide as to which way to point your new dish. I found that the best method was for me to move the dish, whilst my wife was inside (I was outside a room where we'd moved the sky reciever, temporarily as well as a portable tv). Once I had a lock on the satellite, it was just a case of making tiny adjustments until signal strength and quality were as good as I could get it. Of course, you could always buy a satellite detector, they beep when you're near the signal, and the pitch/frequency changes. You can pick them up pretty cheaply.

good luck - it's not as daunting as it sounds, and it means Sky aren't getting any extra money off of you!

Well i Sky mindish and LNB can be had for around £20 on eBay then a fitter will prob charge about £40 to carry out a standard install plus cabling.
Its not that hard to do a DIY install hardest part is fixing the wall bracket. You can line the dish up using the built in signal test meter on the Sky box.
of course you could use Sky and they charge £65 for a callout where they replace any failed parts including digi/plus box for that price.

Thanks chaps for your help as always, better get on to ebay.

You can line the dish up using the built in signal test meter on the Sky box.

This is only of benefit if the dish and your receiver/screen are in close proximity to each other, sothat you can either see the screen from the dish, or hear the person watching the meter.

This is only of benefit if the dish and your receiver/screen are in close proximity to each other, sothat you can either see the screen from the dish, or hear the person watching the meter.

Walkie talkie?
Baby monitor?
Mobile phone?

When i fitted a dish for the first time it was on a 1mtr pole in the back garden and the box was upstairs.
I used a cheap signal finder cost £20 and it bleeps when a signal is present but it will not tell you its the right satellite, So i had a lot of walking up and down to do.
Now my two dishes ( 60cm ASTRA/Hotbird and 43cm Sky digital ) are located on the front of the house near the bedroom window. So i connect the satellite box to the portable tv and place it on the workmate in front of the window which i can see from the dish.
Only takes me a few mins to line up my dish when it gets blown out of line these days.

true but the box doesn't have to be in it's normal place during such setup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back