Sky+ Dropping Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've had Sky+ since the end of 2007 and over the past few months have experienced numerous problems resulting in receiving replacement Sky+ boxes on 2 separate occasions.

The problem I am having seems to be a mini powercut which shuts the box down and reboots it which takes about 5 minutes to come back online. When it fails during a recording it says 'power cut' in the program details. When it fails while I'm watching something the screen just goes blank for a few seconds and then the box switches off.

Box 2 did it and now Box 3 is doing it, suggesting the previous box was either ok or the repairman has dodgy batch of them. I'm lucky in that the repair guy lives in my street and he has said that he's having problems with the boxes in his house, as have other people in our estate.

Has anyone else had these power outages to their box and been able to solve the problem? i dont know if it is interference in our area or if the box is just very sensitive to dips in power.

Very annoying when I keep getting letters from Sky asking me to pay £97 for a years breakdown cover... :evil:

Any help much appreciated, ta.

Rich

Sponsored Links
ignore the letters... cost way too much.
I just look out for sky+ boxes on local Freecycle/Realcycle groups.

As for the problem, try skyuser.co.uk for more info.

I get that too occasionally, not enough of a problem to make me pay any money. I think it's a software based problem.

Cheers, having looked at skyuser and digitialspy its kind of reassuring to know its not just my (Amstrad) box that is dodgy.

As the great man himself would say - "what a load of old tut".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back