Sky+ either remote or box problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Don't know if this is a common problem but in the last few months my remote seems to only work at second or third push of whatever button it is. It's got new batteries, there's no obstructions in the line of sight either. It's a pain if you try and delete a program, it doesn't seem to work, you push it again then it suddenly deletes two.
It must be either the remote or the box at fault and it has been turned off at the mains(for 26hrs power cut in Dec).

Any ideas? If I phoned Sky and asked for a new box and remote would they charge me? If they said yes it would cost me if I then said fine I'd like to cancel would I get it for free??!

Another problem is excessive humming from the setup coming through the amplifier, and none of the other AV stuff does this, just the Sky....

Sponsored Links
Have a look at doing a firmware update/refresh on the Sky box. This kind of reset won't erase your recordings, so they should be safe. Here's a LINK

If you think it's the remote then you can do a factory reset on those too. Warning: this will clear the remote's memory. So if you have the remote programmed to control the TV volume then you should make sure you know how to reprogram that feature. Here a link for a Sky+ remote. A SkyHD will be a slightly different method

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back