Sky freesat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just about to ditch Sky+ tv in favour of Virgin cable.
As I already have a sky box and dish set up, will I be able to chuck a freesat card in the box and still use it, or are the freesat boxes different?

Basically want to run freesat upstairs so when i'm watching the football downstairs, the missus can b**ger off upstairs and watch something else!

Sponsored Links
Although the recording features will not work, the rest of the box will do quite well for Freesat

Just ring Sky up and as your leaving ask for your card to be turned into a Freesat one. If your lucky they won't charge you, if not it will be £20

You leave the box connected up to the dish as when subscribed & get loads of channels.

Incidentally, why the change to VM instead of Sky?
Do VM offer any recording features now?
The billing dept were always damn useless when it was NTL.

Incidentally, why the change to VM instead of Sky?
Do VM offer any recording features now?
The billing dept were always damn useless when it was NTL.

Basically am paying £50 a month for sky, and £20 for BB with pipex, so wanted a change.
Spoke to sky about getting HD & BB and they we're talking silly money and 6-8 weeks for the 'install' of HD.

Went to virgin, V+ HD (record 2 channels and watch one other), 10mb BB , (which is damn quick and almost faultless round here as i had it before) for £42.50 a month. Taken off movies and sports, but the on demand will sort us out for that. Get satanta as part of the package anyway.

The company is still run by some complete knob ends, for the past 3 years we have been enquiring about getting cable and being told that it isn't in our area (even though the junction box is on our driveway and one of the neighbours has it!). Got a guy from the external sales dept coming round (basically if the 'office' say you can't get cable because the computer says no, they send someone round to physically check if you give them enough stick) to sort the paperwork and do a site survey.

£49 for installation, £42.50 a month works out at £27.50 staying in my pocket a month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back