Sky question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have Sky+ downstairs and a normal sky box in one bedroom. I want to purchase an additional normal Sky box for spare bedroom. I want to run the cable before box is installed, can anyone advise me of the correct connection method please?

Thanks,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Cable from new location to dish.

Sky will connect to dish, and change LNB if required.

Make sure you use a QC100 or CT100 type cable.

You will also need a telephone point at the new location, on the same numer as the other boxes if you are subscribing to multiroom.

If the OP already has sky+ and another box on the system then its likely to be a quad lnb anyway.

Hi Gary,

You should have one free connection to your LNB (if it is a quad), so run the cable from the free LNB to your room and fit a type F connector ready for sky.

Tip, sky boxes are subsidised by the TV games / betting people. So they insist that all subsidised boxes have an active telephone connection. You can run a connection from elsewhere if this is possible, or purchase a wireless telephone extender from somewhere like Maplin if it is not.

That said, i do not believe that you actually require a telephone extension for Sky to work (excluding pay per view). I ran a box without one for 3 years and didn't have a problem. Sky +, HD etc may be different but you may decide to remove this connection at a later date.

Jonsey.

Sponsored Links
If you have multi room, they insist on a telephone line to each box, on the same number.

The boxes will poll out every so often to sky, and sky will check that the boxes calls are originating from the same number.

The reason for this is to make sure you do not use your "£10" card in another box in a different location.

Ofcourse, you wont need a telephone line if your just going to use the 3rd box for the Sky freeview thingy. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back