Sky/ Satellite Extension Lead???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to extend my Sky lead....
It comes into one corner of my front room and I have just moved TV to opposite corner. I have taken skirting out so can run a lead behind, and would like to run upto flush mounted wall sockets.
A) Whats best cabling?
B) Do I need to have a phone line with my Sky?
C) Will anything interfere with the picture?
D) Do joins in cables greatly effect picture?

All this with HD coming in through Sky very soon

Any Help greatly appreciated

Confused Monkey

Sponsored Links
The cable you must extend with should exactly match the existing cable.If the installation has been done by reputible rigger it will be satellite coax cable identified usually by a black outer plastic casing and the outer earth sleeve is usually solid thin copper screening as opposed to braided.

Your phone line from the digi box does not need to be connected to recieve your satellite channels but will stop you from fully utilising some interactive services (ordering box office movies etc)

Generally extending your cable a few more yards will not cause interferenc to your picture but the join should correctley jointed.

To join two cables probably the most simplest way would be to fit coax plugs to each cable leaving two male plugs and then and then join with a double female coax interconnector sockets. these are small inexpensive components.

If you wanted to extend your terrestial uhf cable this could be done in the same way and terminated at the tv end with a double coax flush outlet plate one for the uhf output for terrestial and the other "f"socket for your sat decoder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back