sky + to sky + HD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a standard white sky plus box that is starting to freeze. An engineer stated I need a new box (old one is about 7 years old). Can I buy a HD+ box from ebay, plug straight in and insert my old card (I have the full sky package but dont want to pay for HD as well).
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes but you'll have to phone Sky and give them your card number and the details of your replacement box from its menu screen. Version number, etc.

Thanks for that, contacted sky and they will come and fit a new HD box, wanted £199 plus call out but got for £29 all in (after threatening to leave).

One drawback (if it matters to you) is that you've now started a new 12 month contract.

Sponsored Links
Yeh, she mentioned that, I was always staying with SKY just did not want to upgrade to HD and begrudged paying £200 for a new box, thanks anyway.

I did similar, the amount of storage space now is amazing, I have not got past 50% yet. (Except when I set everything to record on HD).

I did similar, the amount of storage space now is amazing, I have not got past 50% yet. (Except when I set everything to record on HD).

Ironically, that's the very reason why I don't want to go from Sky+ to the HD box. I replaced the original hard disk (160GB) in my white sky+ box with a 750GB one and we've never gone below 40% free.
But if I move to an HD box, which can't be upgraded, we're going to lose all that extra capacity.

Just put a 2tb drive in my sky HD box went from 55% full to 3% full! I record everything and in HD now it's bliss. Not bad for £90 :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back