Slab over gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I may have caused myself a bit of a dilemma ? Ok, so I decided to build a small timber frame extension on the side of the house for a toilet with a macerator as this is the best waste option. 50mm of darbo, then membrane, 140mm concrete with rebar, then 100mm kingspan, membrane again and 18mm floating caber board floor. All as it should be and working well, until I realised that the gas metre which was outside, is now inside. That in itself doesnt bother me but I since found out it might be against regs ?? What bothers me more and keeps me awake, is the fact that I have laid a slab over a gas service pipe which isn't against regs but I'm getting the skitters about the slab fracturing or pulling the pipe away from the metre if it moved or sunk a touch over time ? The slab is 2000mm x 900mm.
Whats your honest take on this as, am I worrying too much ?
Thanks in anticipation for your help ?

See pics and gas metre when slab was poured, and after where build is almost complete.
20200806_133555.jpg
20200824_154517.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ok, so I decided to build a small timber frame extension on the side of the house for a toilet with a macerator as this is the best waste option.

You should have involved Building Control for that. If you did, what do they think? If you didn't, you really should have.

Yes Denso, I am aware of that. I know I don't need planning but you are correct. I can get the gas line and metre re-routed, ( £850 ) I was quoted. Until that happens, can I sleep ! Lol

Leaving aside the above.
How do you find using that mini combined system?

Sponsored Links
You should have involved Building Control for that. If you did, what do they think? If you didn't, you really should have.
The work should have involved B Control, however the gas meter and supply pipe are not covered by B Regs.

I like the basin, it's one where grey water is used in cistern for WC I gather. No excuse for not reading the meter in the future ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back