Slanted Floor Quick Fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom is very small – just 200cm by 140cm. The problem is, the floor slants down 5cm from one side to the other, along the 140cm side.

This image shows the slant:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1148/bathroomad.jpg

There is no way I can get under there to repair the joists, so I want to ask what my other options are for levelling it out. I’ve read about self levelling compound, but most of those seem to be for small floor imperfections rather than slants that involve the whole floor. Wickes, however, has one called Deep Base Levelling Compound:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Deep-Base-Levelling-Compound/invt/154050

Would this be suitable? Could I just put some floor paint on to the levelling compound and use that as a bathroom floor? Or, could I stick a sheet of plywood on top of the levelling compound and paint that?

If so, how would I apply it? Currently I have laminate planks on top of the floor boards. I was planning on removing the laminate planks and pouring the levelling compound directly onto the floorboards. Only thing is, there are gaps in the floorboards, so some of the compound will leak down under the floorboards and potentially get onto the water pipes underneath – disaster. So, I was thinking I could screw a sheet of plywood onto the floorboards to provide a base for the compound to be poured onto. What do you think?

As you can tell, I’m confused. Thanks in advance for advice.

[/url]

Sponsored Links
read here - //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77960

You need to go very deep so i would build the area up in layers of plywood first so you end up taking the slope out with the plywood. It will end up looking like a staircase if that makes sence?

Next you will need a repair mortar to skim ramps into the staircase affect you have created in the plywood.

After you have done this you can apply the screed compound. You can paint this finish if you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back