Sleigh bells ring.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years ago I tackled what for me was a pretty ambitious project: a complete rennovation of the family bathroom, with corner jacuzzi bath, cabinetry for sink etc. As Christmas approached, my wife kept saying "it will be finished for Christmas, won't it?" So I pulled out all the stops, and finally finished it all by the day before Christmas eve.

Patting myself on the back, I went down into the kitchen on the morning of Christmas eve, to grab a bowl of crunchy nut before going out to work (at the day job). The bathroom sits above the kitchen, so imagine my horror as I heard a gentle "plop" in my breakfast bowl. And another... yes you've guessed it, there was a leak somewhere, I couldn't take any more time off work, and we needed a plumber fast.

Fortunately we found one, who said there was just one joint in the whole pushfit setup which wasn't properly locked up, and it took him all of 30 minutes to sort out. Can't remember how much we paid for emergency call out, but probably half the money I'd saved by DIYing. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back