Christmas Covid rules. Any good for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our plans were to spend Christmas Eve round our sons to see our grandson open his presents on Christmas morning, pop round the MIL's and bring her back to theirs and then have Christmas dinner with our son, his partner, grandson, MIL plus our sons partners Dad and step mother. Take MIL home with us to stay Christmas night and then all three of us go over to our daughters and her boyfriends for Boxing Day dinner.

Looking now that under the 'rules' we will just have to do the Christmas Eve stopover and miss out on the MIL and Christmas dinner with son, partner and her parents. My sons partner has it worse - parents split years ago, both have new spouses that also came with their children too so our grandson has three sets of grandparents.

We may have to break the rules. Still forgo the Christmas dinner at my sons because of his partners parents coming and perhaps pick up the MIL on our way home to have Christmas dinner with us at our house.

What about you?

Sponsored Links
Our plans were to spend Christmas Eve round our sons to see our grandson open his presents on Christmas morning, pop round the MIL's and bring her back to theirs and then have Christmas dinner with our son, his partner, grandson, MIL plus our sons partners Dad and step mother. Take MIL home with us to stay Christmas night and then all three of us go over to our daughters and her boyfriends for Boxing Day dinner.

Looking now that under the 'rules' we will just have to do the Christmas Eve stopover and miss out on the MIL and Christmas dinner with son, partner and her parents. My sons partner has it worse - parents split years ago, both have new spouses that also came with their children too so our grandson has three sets of grandparents.

We may have to break the rules. Still forgo the Christmas dinner at my sons because of his partners parents coming and perhaps pick up the MIL on our way home to have Christmas dinner with us at our house.

What about you?

Forget "the rules" ; make you decisions, and live with the consequences.

It's very much like we all tell / told our kids, when they do / did something we disagreed with, "because X told them to".

Just because Bozza says you can, doesn't make it right, sensible, or safe.

I could understand people getting uppity about not seeing rellies if there was no vaccine in sight but, with them close to coming on stream, I see no validity to that point of view (barring visiting someone who, vaccine or no, won't see next summer anyway).

Sponsored Links
We are likely to be playing snakes and ladders with lock down stages for some time to come and as many are mentioning relaxing over Xmas might make that worse.

The rules they have come up with can't suite everybody. The idea seems to be that an entire family tree can get together so the OP's answer is to find some way of doing that rather than what is probably what they usually do. I've already experienced similar problems when my parents were alive. What it meant was that some couldn't drink much because they would have to drive home after the get together was over. It also got a "bit" crowded. Actually the crowded aspect ended it so some didn't meet up over xmas any more. Me actually and not by choice.

:( Then compare this with 4,000 people going to sports events and some aspects of the various stages but it does seem travel restrictions will be added unlike when this all started. It's a good job that the modelling seems to work.

What about you?

Sons' Partners? Wife you mean?

Never thought Mottie would use the word partner - its so PC. :p

Never thought Mottie would use the word partner - its so PC
:LOL: I know! What do you call 'em these days when they’re living together, have a kid, engaged, wedding booked for next year so not yet married? Daughter-in-law to be? Better half? Significant other? Girlfriend? Fiancée? Live in lover? Common law wife? I'm confused!

We may have to break the rules.
Funny thing that...

I recall getting 'reprimanded' by 'somebody' for choosing the 'rules/laws' which I wished to break...

What's changed, and why?

Just waiting in the doctors, and watching the looping 'rona info screen.

"Runny nose" and "sore throat" are now symptoms........

In summary then, if you feel fine, you might have the' rona (I have seen quotes that between half and three - quarters of cases are asymptomatic), and if you don't feel fine, you might have it.

Useful infomercial then(y)

In light of a possible vaccine a few months off we've decided to keep well out of the way at xmas, no visitors and no visiting. Would be really really stupid to catch it now. One nil up and 5 minutes to go, not a time to get complacent.

:LOL: I know! What do you call 'em these days when they’re living together, have a kid, engaged, wedding booked for next year so not yet married? Daughter-in-law to be? Better half? Significant other? Girlfriend? Fiancée? Live in lover? Common law wife? I'm confused!

When someone mentions their partner - I bet you pause and think is it a man or woman! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Funny thing that...

I recall getting 'reprimanded' by 'somebody' for choosing the 'rules/laws' which I wished to break...

What's changed, and why?

Well, the easy swerve would be to just copy 'somebody' on here and say NOYFB but I’ll be civil.

What changed was the prospect of leaving the Mother in Law on her own all over Christmas. Mrs Mottie just won’t do it. My wife has a younger brother and sister who are a tad on the selfish side and being the eldest, she gets lumbered with most of the parental care responsibility at times like this.

So what’s your Christmas plans? Sticking to the rules of your country's leader are you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back