Vandalism on Christmas day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I drove up to the shop this morning. Parked in my usual spot, overlooking the rear area. I immediately noticed the back gate was open. I distinctly remember locking it on Xmas eve. On closer inspection, it had been forced open and the 4 screws holding the padlock hasp on had simply pulled out. Figured it must have been kids on xmas eve with nothing better to do. It was still dark, I didnt look any further.

On looking at the CCTV footage, this happened on Christmas Day 2007 at 4:10pm. It was dusk, the outside lights had just come on, but there was sufficient light to see the vandalism taking place.

3 youths approached the rear yard from the back. One was wearing entirely white clothing. How stupid (especially considering our fences have black non-dry paint on them. :LOL: Anyway, one of them went round and scaled the gate (no paint) while the other 2 watched. The one now in the yard proceeded to throw cardboard over the fence to his mates. Our cardboard is kept on rollcages, that stock is delivered on. The lad in the yard decided these bits he was throwing over weren't enough to have a decent fire. He went ahead and threw himself through the gate, and wheeled a full cage of cardboard round the car park and to the back of the shop where his mates were. The other 2 scaled the fence and rummaged through the bins.

I wouldnt make a big deal of this, but this was CHRISTMAS DAY! What were you doing at 4:10 yesterday PM? I was sat at the dinner table eating turkey and veg. I'm sure most people on the forum were with their families. Not rummaging through bins looking for stuff to burn. I feel ashamed to live in the same society as these people, people who dont care about their fellow man.

The policeman who came today said we should have electric fences. Never mind that, I'm off to the carpet shop tomorrow for some grippers. :cool:

Of course, I'm joking, but I wish I could. :(

Sponsored Links
The policeman who came today said we should have electric fences. Never mind that, I'm off to the carpet shop tomorrow for some grippers.

Steve,
A policeman in the copshop where my wife worked advised us to put gripper on the top of my daughters fence after she had some uninvited visitors. When we asked what would happen if someone ripped his hands open the PC said that if she had hawthorn bushes and someone cut their hands open it would be their own fault and as hawthorn bushes are wood and spikey bits what is the difference to gripper.

Santa probably never arrived at their house when they were little kids.

They were probably beaten by drunken parents instead.

Not everyone has a happy childhood you know.

Sponsored Links
Santa probably never arrived at their house when they were little kids.

They were probably beaten by drunken parents instead.

Not everyone has a happy childhood you know.
Bit of a generalisation wouldnt you say? ALL kids from rough childhoods are vandals.....and all well-to-do kids are angels? I dont think so.

On the case in point sod the gripper - get an Uzi rigged to your CCTV! You may get a bit of grief it it actualy does the job - but these particular scrotes wont do it again! ;)

I drove up to the shop this morning. Parked in my usual spot, overlooking the rear area. I immediately noticed the back gate was open. I distinctly remember locking it on Xmas eve. On closer inspection, it had been forced open and the 4 screws holding the padlock hasp on had simply pulled out. Figured it must have been kids on xmas eve with nothing better to do. It was still dark, I didnt look any further.

On looking at the CCTV footage, this happened on Christmas Day 2007 at 4:10pm. It was dusk, the outside lights had just come on, but there was sufficient light to see the vandalism taking place.

3 youths approached the rear yard from the back. One was wearing entirely white clothing. How stupid (especially considering our fences have black non-dry paint on them. :LOL: Anyway, one of them went round and scaled the gate (no paint) while the other 2 watched. The one now in the yard proceeded to throw cardboard over the fence to his mates. Our cardboard is kept on rollcages, that stock is delivered on. The lad in the yard decided these bits he was throwing over weren't enough to have a decent fire. He went ahead and threw himself through the gate, and wheeled a full cage of cardboard round the car park and to the back of the shop where his mates were. The other 2 scaled the fence and rummaged through the bins.

I wouldnt make a big deal of this, but this was CHRISTMAS DAY! What were you doing at 4:10 yesterday PM? I was sat at the dinner table eating turkey and veg. I'm sure most people on the forum were with their families. Not rummaging through bins looking for stuff to burn. I feel ashamed to live in the same society as these people, people who dont care about their fellow man.

The policeman who came today said we should have electric fences. Never mind that, I'm off to the carpet shop tomorrow for some grippers. :cool:

Of course, I'm joking, but I wish I could. :(

i have nails on my fence with the heads took off, what's your problem?

to try and counter a criminal act by being a criminal yourself smacks of hypocrisy.

everyone has the right to use reasonable force to protect themselves.

what is unreasonable or disproportionate force.? :confused:

using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.:cool:

I wouldnt make a big deal of this, but this was CHRISTMAS DAY! What were you doing at 4:10 yesterday PM? I was sat at the dinner table eating turkey and veg. I'm sure most people on the forum were with their families.
For some people christmas must be a pretty miserable time. Almost everywhere is closed, public transport is almost completely gone, TAXIs (which are already an expensive way to travel) charge far more than there normal rates.

The vandals had been around last night where we live. I took the dog out this morning and the back alley was littered with broken terracotta pots and plants taken from peoples front gardens. The little s**ts had even used a shopping trolley to get them all to the alley :evil:

I don't understand what possible enjoyment you can get from doing this sort of thing.

Steve, I am amazed that a copper turned up.

Our garage is in a block along with 11 others and there have been at least a dozen break-ins in the last 12 months, guess how many coppers we have seen, :cry: none :cry:

I just don't get vandalism, I can understand shoplifters who do it for gain or out of poverty but nicking old cardboard to set fire to it :rolleyes:

Every few weeks, late at night, someone walks down our road and smashes the wing mirrors on the cars - usually about 10 in a row. The last car gets a half eaten kebab thrown on it's windscreen. Fortunatly for me, I live on the other side of the road, and keep my vehicle outside my house so I'm usually safe from this certain scum bag.

Good news though!!!!

There hasnt been an attack for months and I have just found out why. One bloke caught the fellow in the act but followed him home - turns out he is a local boy. Anyway, he got a right kicking and his car now gets a regular trashing. No police involved ( not that they were ever interested in the first place ) and every one is happy.

the guy at the end of my mothers road was attacked one evening on the wayback from the pub by 2 youths while their girlfriends looked on..

no provocation or anything ( so he said.. ), put him in hospital for a bit with a broken arm and bruised ribs

someone had a camera watching his car and caught the whole thing on tape..

police called but they said the tape was not clear enough for evidence..

however.. the person who recorded it recognised one lad and the other lads girlfriend.. and from that recognised the group..

he told the victim when he got back who promptly called 4 of his mates from the gym he goes to...

put both guys in hospital, one with 3 broken ribs, one with a broken nose and fractured cheek..

the cops never came round....

another time, a friend of mom's caught a guy trying to barge down the door of the house oposite his.. held him in a headlock untill the cops came..

they cautioned mom's friend for holding the guy, and had to let the guy go because he didn't actually manage to break in to the house..

mom's friend then threatened the smug would be burglar that if he ever saw him again round their estate, he would kill him.. and the cops then arrested HIM for threatening behavior..

Only in Britain eh :eek:

Trouble is we are a nation full of do gooders who seem to get their way all the time.

All little Johnny needs is someone to talk to him they tell us, or perhaps if he doesn't vandalise something for 2 weeks we should give him a new bike :rolleyes:

What has this country come to :?:

Kick out all the do gooders and those in favour of PC. What they all need is a good beating like has been said above.

Police don't want to know, courts don't want to know, prisons are told to release them all early as they don't have enough room so what is left :eek:

PS if prisons are so full that they are being told to release inmates early by this government, then why does this same government pass a law enabling motorists to be jailed for using a mobile 'phone :confused: :eek:

This government must really think we are all t w a t s :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back