Hedge vandalism?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a row of hedge about 6ft high running along between the garden and outside pedestrain path.
We get this rubbish getting thrown onto or pushed into the hedges by the passers-by or walkers on the path.

I keep checking it, and used to take them out putting the rubbish into the bin. But recently, they pushed in
3-4 empty cans and bottles into the hedge, and I could see the hegde had been damaged. There appeared
a large hole where the empty cans of beer, and bottles were pushed in, and left there for days.

I took some photos for the damage in the hedge with the empty cans and bottles, and cleared them again.
I was then wondering if this situation should be treated as some form of vandalism and littering.

Have you had similar or same type of problems with your gareden and hedges with rubbsih thrown in, or
empty cans and bottles pushed into the hedges and getting the damage as well as nuisance of clearing the litter?
I was wondering if there would be ways to deal with this type of problems. cheers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I get this on occasion. No damage that I have noticed.
I don't normally spot them until hedge cutting time.
Most of our hedge borders a cul-de-sac of 6 houses.
Not seen any since a family with a teenage lad moved out.

Laziness?
Better than dropping it on the path?
Hiding beer cans from family?

Probably something you need to live with unless you catch someone in the act.
Hedge-cam? :)

Cutting a hedge for someone in a more urban area, I found a police "no waiting" cone inside, it was totally hidden, and a real fight to get out. Think it had been launched in from the top

Leave a drop of beer in the bottom of a discarded bottle and you'll trap a slug or two. (y)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back