Gates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The gate to the back of our yard has seen better days and now hangs (just) at an angle and is pretty much rotten through :!:

I've had a bit of a search on the internet, but the places i'm finding seem to do bespoke expensive stuff that i cant afford :(

It's approx 6'2" tall and 4' wide solid wood with no gaps. Just wondering where is best to look. Dont think B&Q do them, but i'm probably wrong :oops:

Sponsored Links
Robster_1981 said:
The gate to the back of our yard has seen better days and now hangs (just) at an angle and is pretty much rotten through :!:

I've had a bit of a search on the internet, but the places i'm finding seem to do bespoke expensive stuff that i cant afford :(

It's approx 6'2" tall and 4' wide solid wood with no gaps. Just wondering where is best to look. Dont think B&Q do them, but i'm probably wrong :oops:

Contact a local joiner who can knock you up another from treated softwood. Lots of those bespoke ones are hardwood, which costs a lot more. When you say 4", is that thickness too? By the sounds of it they are just 4x2 timbers used as cladding.

speak to any local fencing trade suppliers. they will have them at a fraction of the cost and three times the quality of anything in the sheds. mine makes up a variety of gates and for what he charges, it probably wouldnt buy the materials!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back