What were your plans for Christmas Day....

Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park in the evening
I've done that a few times.....it's great, but far too busy in recent years

As an alternative the little street market on the South Bank is nice.

The Xmas markets in Cologne are great too

Sponsored Links
We spent Xmas 1992 house sitting in Zimbabwe with a few friends, tennis court, pool, big grounds with friendly dogs & cats

Was planning to be overseas...

No chance of that now for the foreseeable!

Was going to be the usual family get together with all the usual arguments and squabbling, but fantastically that won't be happening this year. So probably a few miles on the bike followed by a walk in the woods with the wife, a good dinner and then a few beers. Could be the best xmas ever.

Sponsored Links
We were supposed to be having a day-in christmas this year; no driving around, no sitting for hours on the arm of a sofa in a too-small-for-everyone-invited lounge, etc etc etc.
It was going to be lovely.
Now, there's talk of the "my brother's in the morning, my mom's for lunch, your mom's for evening, all around ours for boxing day day, boxing day night at my other brother's"............
Come on Bozza; keep that lockdown going!

I could end up feeling like that.One year I went to Lanzarote over Christmas on my own.Cycling during day,,bars at night..Heaven.

I spent my;
15th Christmas Costa del sol: Rained
22nd Christmas Onterio: Snowed
26th Christmas Bondi beach Rained first time in 15 years
27th Christmas Koh Samui; Drizzle and cloud
41st Christmas Queensland: Pjssed it down all day all night.

If I want Christmas Sun I stay in Essex

Funnily enough Joe90 said roughly the same thing.

I suppose its possible we could have been there at the same time. It Happens (To me all the time)

I met a Canadian fella from Hamilton outside an Italian restaurant on Bondi one evening. Got talking......
Long story short...... His best mate was about to marry my Cousin back in Canada. Wow!

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the non smoking going? Do you vape,use patches etc?
Thanks for asking Durham - yeah, ok-ish.
Using patches and have a vape - trying not to use that though as want to break the habit properly, I am just carrying it around with me like a comfort blanket when out! I am badly missing the effect a morning cuppa and a cig plays on my body, if not too much info :whistle::LOL:. All in all though, it's easier than when I've tried before.

Last edited by a moderator:
...and what are they now?

Were: Mrs Mottie and I were staying over our sons on Christmas Eve to see our grandson open his presents in the morning. Then, staying on for dinner when the DIL's mum and dad will be joining us. Was going to defy the rule of 6 as we were going to be just one toddler over the limit for a few hours. Christmas night, going over to see the MIL.

Now: F uck knows!
Plans changed again! We are now not staying over, instead we are going over to ours sons v. early on Christmas morning to see our grandson open his presents, going back out and picking up the MIL mid morning and taking her back to them for dinner. Going home early if the DIL's mum and dad are coming over in the evening (still not made their mind up) but staying late if they aren’t. Either way, taking MIL home with us to stay the night and seeing our daughter and her boyfriend on Boxing Day maybe at ours, maybe at theirs depending on whether her boyfriend mum and dad come over that day. All subject to change. Got it? I ain’t! (n)

Plans changed again! We are now not staying over, instead we are going over to ours sons v. early on Christmas morning to see our grandson open his presents, going back out and picking up the MIL mid morning and taking her back to them for dinner. Going home early if the DIL's mum and dad are coming over in the evening (still not made their mind up) but staying late if they aren’t. Either way, taking MIL home with us to stay the night and seeing our daughter and her boyfriend on Boxing Day maybe at ours, maybe at theirs depending on whether her boyfriend mum and dad come over that day. All subject to change. Got it? I ain’t! (n)

Ha ha, sounds like one of them you just go where your told when you told by the wife

Just me, her and the dog. Her relative are all in Edinburgh and isolating, as are we as much as possible. All our friends are doing likewise, I was rather expecting a visit from g/son over recent weekends, but so far zilch and no contact at all.

Suits me, I don't like 'busy'.

Sponsored Links
Back