So.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
about 2 hours to go and who hasn't got everything ready?

We had all the material things ready yesterday, turkey, veg, trimmings etc (just have to get them all prepared/cooked tomorrow but my wife times it with such military precision each year even Gordon Ramsay couldn't fault it).
Presents were ordered and wrapped weeks ago and family arrived as scheduled yesterday and today. Before they got through the hall they took an LFT and all passed as clear. Will be repeated tomorrow morning but all should be fine.
But then there is always the fly in the ointment. Middle stepson turns up on Wednesday and realises he has forgotten someone so jumps on Amazon. Pacing up and down today waiting to see if his last minute buys turn up on time. Thank you to the DPD girl who turned up at 5.15 tonight with his last order. Panic over and young lady went away with a £10 tip of gratefulness.
BBQ on the patio and, as promised, the grandkids had snow! We had bought a snow machine a few weeks ago and it's brilliant! Throws artificial snow out at up to 3 metres and they loved it. Ended up with a 4"-6" carpet of it on the gravel drive and they were covered from head to toe in it.
Tomorrow there will be 14 of us sitting around the table for Christmas dinner. Before that most of us will be out in the local town handing out small 'dinners' to the homeless while my wife and daughter prepare our dinner. £ weeks ago we went around giving them blankets/sleeping bags etc that we had manage to get donated from local businesses.

How is your Christmas going?

Sponsored Links
Half the extended family have ‘Rona so we will be down to 6 on the big day. Saw my kids yesterday. Forgot to buy 1 secret Santa and managed to get the g/f everything I think she hinted at.

got a 6kg turkey crown for 6 people. We will be eating turkey until June.

Before that most of us will be out in the local town handing out small 'dinners' to the homeless while my wife and daughter prepare our dinner. £ weeks ago we went around giving them blankets/sleeping bags etc that we had manage to get donated from local businesses.

We've always given money to such local charities, I salute you for giving time and effort as well.(y)

Done and dusted already...

The beauty of a Scandinavian/European Christmas is that when the 25th comes around we can laugh at UK folk running around/moaning like headless chickens whilst we have a day of relaxation (y)

Sponsored Links
Me and Mrs Secure have got both jabs and a booster each. No 2 and no 3 sons have the first jab.

No 1 son believes the fact he has had Covid before means he is invincible. He will not get the jab.

Last time, he brought it back home and by the time he was diagnosed, we all got it Grrrrr.

He has recently tested positive again with LFT x 2 and 1 X PCR.

Now in law's can't come round and he is in isolation in bedroom.

Also we can't join some other family in a boxing day meal.

He is well grumpy. I am pieced off.
As far as I'm concerned, he can go live in the shed until he has his jabs.

Apologies. Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Where's my post gone to? Did someone find it offensive in any way? Can't even remember what it said apart from wishing you-know-who a merry Christmas in a Scandinavian language. Funny how sensitive some who post and/or moderate are on this site for hairy arsed builders. :whistle:

Where's my post gone to? Did someone find it offensive in any way? Can't even remember what it said apart from wishing you-know-who a merry Christmas in a Scandinavian language. Funny how sensitive some who post and/or moderate are on this site for hairy arsed builders. :whistle:
You're getting old, Mottie, and forgetting things, and suffering from paranoia. :whistle:
Just knowing you're seething with rage so early on Christmas Day when you should be relaxing is a Brexit benefit to many on here. Gleðileg jól!Xx

There’s not many hairy arsed builders on here mate. More like retired old white collared snowflakes. Don’t question one you’ll be censored .particularly @denso13 and @JohnD .It’s their way or the highway.

Sponsored Links
Back