Snow affecting 2391 this week?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyone in training who has been affected by the snow this week? We had to close our training centre yesterday losing half a day on the 2391-10. We had late arrivals and only 6 out of eight turned up. One lad turned up today making 7.

The course can't be postponed as the exam time is set by C&G :O

Sponsored Links
So,,, the lad that turned up today, couldn't take the exam as the C&G had already set the times for the exam? (which was obviously yesterday)

Ahh no. The exam is always on a Thursday night (6.30-9pm) and it is a National event. Everyone sits the same paper at the same time so there can be no swappings of informations and photocopies of foots, etc :D

Sponsored Links
It is possible to sit the exam earlier on the same day at some centres but you have to sign to say you promise not to tell anyone the questions!

Is there anyone in training who has been affected by the snow this week? We had to close our training centre yesterday losing half a day on the 2391-10. We had late arrivals and only 6 out of eight turned up. One lad turned up today making 7.

The course can't be postponed as the exam time is set by C&G :O

Why did you close yesterday?

We did a Regs course on Sat and Sun and started the 2391 Monday at 0800 all turned up no probs,but we are next to spaghetti junction (M6 junction 6 Birmingham) B6 7BU :)

The next exam will probably be next month or two. We closed so that the folks coming from North of Newcastle can get home. It was the same again today. Early finish.

We got one lad who came from London for it. Last week he was up for his 2382 but he failed >.<

If you remember same happened to A level exams last year with schools closed for snow. The exam boards seemed not to worry about the dangers and hardship for students getting to centre and only if school was closed were there any ways that a student could be graded and this for an exam staged twice a year not half a dozen times a year.

Our batch'll be there on Thursday night.

Even if they have to walk in!

(They wouldn't dare absent themselves!)

You're a hard man dingers!
Out of 16 candidates this year I have only had 5 pass the theory. :O

Practical, we are 100% but I had to get a second assessor check one lads PFC/ Ze testing and general live testing.

You're a hard man dingers!
Out of 16 candidates this year I have only had 5 pass the theory. :O

Practical, we are 100% but I had to get a second assessor check one lads PFC/ Ze testing and general live testing.

Hang on a minute - are you telling us you are a 2391 assessor and yet you've been on here recently asking pretty basic questions :?:

Erm..... Yes. Basic questions such as? Thinking back you may be referring to debates and the search for written confirmation rather than people's opinion. I'm just some numpty who they can a job to when I drove past in my bus one day.

Anyway.. We've offered them a free seat on the Feb10 exam and a free day's training should they need it to make up for the snow closures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back