Snow - excuses to take the day off?

all you need is a builders sack,sit on it lean back and wheeeeeeeeee :D

my 3 kids couldnt beleive how much fun you can have with a plastic bag ;)

Sponsored Links
made it to work late on weds, had to wait for the snow to partially melt as the cul de sac where i live is too steep so no one could make it out, especially as there is no run up at all, it's all steep slope. i tried a few times but when rolling back down the slope with wheels spinning i decided enough was enough so wait inside for a cuppa while i watched neighbours struggle and fail to get to work. no one owns a 4x4 so the air was filled with the noise of tyres spinning and revs rising and then silence as people gave up and went back in doors.

today no one even tried until after lunch so not as much entertainment today, i was on a day off so didn't even attempt to get up the road.

it's a shame my son is less than a year old, i wanted to build snowmen, have snow ball fights and go sledging :(

Well, this morning I woke up to a few inches of fresh snow, and it's snowing hard now. Someone went and broke all the roads between here and work. Rung the boss who said "I'd give it a miss if I were you".

So...

****SNOW DAY!!!!!**** :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not much snow up here; but has anyone been stuck and passed by someone in a 4x4? Finally a use for the tanks they drive. :D
Nope, but I've seen quite a few 4x4's stuck because the muppets don't know how to drive them.

I've seen a few 4x4's flying around in the snow, most drivers seem to assume bacause you get good drive in the snow that the brakes will work just as well, physics dear, physics. :LOL:

I'm just starting my second day in the office of the week. Our house sits at approx 320m above sea level and to get out of our village (on all of the 4 possible routes) i have to drive up a fairly steep c-class roads. My journey then takes me down to about 180m above sea level, back up to 370m and down again to 150m. I know if i wake up in a morning and there is snow on the ground and its snowing at the time, i'm not going to be able to get out. Monday i probably could have got to work, but the forecast was for more heavy snow so didn't risk it, in hindsight, if i'd made it to the office, i'd have had to leave at lunchtime otherwise i wouldn't have got home. Tuesday it wasn't worth trying. Wednesday i made it in to work. Yesterday it took me an 50% longer than normal but got to the office only to lose control and nearly (within 5inches!) hit a wall 200m from the office. I was at work for an hour before i decided it was snowing too heavily and took off home, which took me 3 times longer than normal. If i lived closer to the main road i wouldn't have a problem but there i'm not prepared to risk driving on steep, un-treated roads, getting stuck or damaging my car struggling to get to work.

And yes, its so ironic that people who drive 4x4s have vehicles equipped to drive in the poor conditions but don't have the brains to use them properly. Someone overtook me on a snow covered dual-carriage way yesterday in a 4x4, i was doing about 30mph he must have been doing 50mph+ and because he wanted to avoid driving on the deeper snow on the outer lane, he left it to the last minute to pull out so he nearly took the back corner of my car with him. If i'd lost grip and suddenly slowed down at that moment he'd have hit me, no doubt whatsoever.

I just don't understand why the busiest world airport Heathrow and other large airports in UK don't have some good equipment to fight with f****ng snow... That is just amazing...

Sponsored Links
Back