Taxi Fares

At 7.30 this morning I had a customer call to explain his boiler had broken down. I got in the van, drove the 3 miles & repaired the boiler (frozen consensate - nice install ) and explained it would cost £20 (I was there 1/2 hour max).

1/2 hour to defrost condensate/ check boiler/ carry out safety checks/ issue paperwork. :eek:

Yes indeed. A whole 3 minutes to boil a kettle and pour it onto the blockage. Then a tightness test, boiler safety checks, an FGA on boiler, invoice written all in half an hour. I try not to waste time drinking tea and ripping vunerable people off. I guess you have a problem with that. You have a problem with a lot of posts dont you.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
mr w
Taxi drivers probably not got many customers in the snow, so need to charge what they can to make a living..
You are like me , only like to charge a fair price for an simple job, I have known people to do little and charge more, by Gilding the lily.
PP
you have to pay more for gold leaf than dutch metal :idea:

Sponsored Links
You have a problem with a lot of posts dont you.

Just offering an alternative view point. You don't like that do you :rolleyes:

No, and if I'd asked for business advise I would have created a new thread in Trade Talk.

Today, I have unblocked 6 condense pipes. £80 a go as everyone here is too busy. I even had the silly stuff, when boilers thermistors went out of range with people leaving their boiler off all night. 2 minutes with a hair dryer and low and behold.... it comes to life. Both of them had emergency guys in before me and wanted to change the PCB. £95 for each of them repairs. I was done by 15.30 with about £600 notes profit.

Did a suprima fan too. Only charged £40 labour for that as he was on old boy. Silly me. Not a bad day really. Christmas dinner and the missus's presents all done in a day. :D

Oh, and a lot of happy customers who have booked boiler services in April. Im a sucker for the 'unable' but Im a serious business man too and mwroofline seemed to grasp that. You obviously will have an alternative viewpoint :rolleyes: .

Maybe you have different operating procedures in Columbia.

Merry Christmas.

Mr. W.

Nothing wrong with your £80 a go ;) But who gets the stick - you or the Gas Safe numpty who did the install :LOL: :LOL: . Gas Fitters 0 Plumbers 1. Give it a decade and all these over complicated condensing wall hung crocks of shyte will be history :mrgreen:

No, and if I'd asked for business advise I would have created a new thread in Trade Talk.

Thats good as i never offered any business adivice

I have unblocked 6 condense pipes. £80 a go

Wow thats some price increase. It was only £20 the other day.

I was done by 15.30 with about £600 notes profit.

how crass :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back