Peugeot 106 battery and halfords

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a 2 weeks away from home I got back to find my car battery was almost dead, so I drove it to Halfords nearby to have new one fitted (I peugeot 106, 1997, 1.1ltr).
They took the old battery out and confirmed that it needed replacing, and fitted the new one - during this they put a backup battery in the cigarette lighter.
When it came to starting absolutely nothing worked, not the hazards, immobilizer, absolultey bugger all.
As it was 7.30 they told me I would have to leave it there as it was closing time in half an hour, unless I had breakdown cover (AA couldnt get to me before 9).
So I have left it, still not heard anything from them.
Surely I should have had better treatment than this - they had 3 people out scratching heads, didn't even offer me a taxi home (2 miles away), and said they would take it to the peugeot garage across the road "at some point".
Is it worth complaining about this to head office, the stress and inconvenience of it all, and the fact that the staff bodged it up in the first place makes me want to claim some cash of them. They didnt even apologise, or lock the car park barriers which they assured me they would.

Please advise what I should do here

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
phone head office or ask the store manager for a customer complaint form (with a stamped envelope) :)
I was, about 6 years ago, an assistant manager for halfrauds and head office used to take these things very seriously. not saying it happened much......maybe why I left :evil:
I take it you paid them to fit the battery. If so go to trading standards if they don't rectify it foc. Don't let them get away with it :evil:

Should never had gone to halfords in the first place. Anyway why plug a spare battery in the cigarette lighter ? On this car you would only do it to stop you loseing your radio if it was coded. Did they try another battery?. More info needed

Sponsored Links
Back