Slide and swing doors anybody?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have any experience of slide and swing doors, like the ones made by Panoramic Doors. They are similar to bifold’s but each panel moves independently. Are they any good? They seem to be much more practical than bifold doors, but I can’t understand why they are not more popular – they seem quite niche in comparison.

Sponsored Links
We fitted some pvc ones a few years back, we were told by our suppliers not to have the aluminium ones as there were major issues of them fitting correctly and being weather tight. Having fitted other aluminium bifolds and knowing over a certain size they came in ' flat pack ' versions , I was sceptical but the pvc version came fully made ( unglazed ) and providing everything is fixed perfectly level and upright they work well.
It isn't a niche market anymore lots of companies sell/manufacture ' under licence ' , the original concept was made by New Wave and then i believe decukinnick brought into the system. Bizarrely the pvc version we fitted ( for a community hall ) were actually cheaper than aluminium bifolds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back