Sliding/Folding Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked 100 times before, if so then can you redirect me please. If not here goes.

Are there any hints, tips or suggestions with sliding folding doors ?

What is the general experience of someone who has had them for some time ?

Are there company's which would be recommended ?

Thanks very much,

KSG. :)

Sponsored Links
Just finished a load of research on this. So I'll do my best.

We are doing a 4m opening with either 4/5 doors.

Materials - Aluminium, Wood, PVC
Aluminium - choice of colours, thinner edge profiles, cheaper than wood
Wood - Oak, Iroko, Meranti, 'Other'
Width - SOme systems allow up to 1m in width, some only 800mm or so.
Track system - Many use Hafele Centor, E3 system - attractive ironmongery and seemingly sound
Configuration - Look this us and think about it long and hard.

Vendors (A = mainly Aluminium, W = mainly wood):
Higher end: Cantifix (A), FineLine Aluminium (A)
Mid: Bespoke Carpenters e.g. KandD Joinery (W), DeltaFoldingSliding Doors, ID-Systems (Both - but make sure you get a look at their wood track (not to my taste),
Mid: Folding Sliding Doors Company (A), Express Bifolding Doors (A), Adpol, Arden (W)

FWIW, we're going with KandD Joinery - have some specific requests for a natural wood (poss Iroko) finish.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for further questions.

n[/b]

Sponsored Links
we used sunseeker doors. very pleased. :D

www.sunseekerdoors.co.uk

Just ordered from them after some research, glad to hear you're pleased with them :LOL: Decided I wanted aluminium for the modern look and also the house isn't worth the £7K for a 3x2m that the top companies quoted!

The Foldingslidingdoor company quoted a similar price but they just quoted what I asked for, every other company suggested alternatives which made me feel like they actually knew what they were doing and cared about my custom.

Just ordered from them after some research, glad to hear you're pleased with them :LOL: Decided I wanted aluminium for the modern look and also the house isn't worth the £7K for a 3x2m that the top companies quoted!

The Foldingslidingdoor company quoted a similar price but they just quoted what I asked for, every other company suggested alternatives which made me feel like they actually knew what they were doing and cared about my custom.

chrisbond - how did the 'sunseekers' folding doors work out for you in the end please? I'm going through the same decision process.

chrisbond - how did the 'sunseekers' folding doors work out for you in the end please? I'm going through the same decision process.

What happened in the end re your bifolds? We are still v.happy with ours, still work like new.

Recently noticed that Sunseeker doors are now doing even better ones with virtually no frames.

:cool:

I had the opposite. Everyone wanted to sell me the thing they did, only foldingslidingdoorco actually discussed and knew what they were talking about. I ordered from them and delivery is due next week. Fingers crossed!

I wouldnt mind an update from everyone here, some 5 years later on how your windows and doors are performing.

I will soon need to buy 2 sets of 4m openings, probably patio doors rather than bifolds. How are you sliding doors performing?

I had the opposite. Everyone wanted to sell me the thing they did, only foldingslidingdoorco actually discussed and knew what they were talking about. I ordered from them and delivery is due next week. Fingers crossed!

I've recently been talking to foldingslidingdoors.

They seem to know their stuff and not forcing the product on you....

I would have been happy to use them but for the fact they want full payment upfront which to me is an absolute no no. Some of you may disagree but that's my opinion & choice.

Now looking for another supplier!

I dont blame you and would do the same. Either that or they offer to take a credit card payment with little or no surcharge. I'm looking at ID Systems and the slightly more expensive Fine Line Aluminium at the moment.

I looked at ID systems too, saw them at Grand Designs, Birmingham last year, but their quote is amongst the highest.

Bristol Bi-Folds were by far thee most expensive.

However, if I was confident in the product and my 'ahem' skills, I would seriously consider Vufold.
Their products seem to be of good quality and offer 0% ove 12 months which is attractive as an offer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back