Sliding wardrobe doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to create a built-in wardrobe using something like Stanley sliding doors. Apparently they fit into an opening height of 88" (if I remember correctly). Does anyone know if there is any height adjustment on the doors. As I will have to install some form of battening to floor and ceiling I don't want to be too tight, but equally I don't want to have too much of an allowance. Hope someone can help, assuming that this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
images
?

hilfe said:
I'm looking to create a built-in wardrobe using something like Stanley sliding doors. Apparently they fit into an opening height of 88" (if I remember correctly).
They will make it to the right size of your opening if you want.
Does anyone know if there is any height adjustment on the doors.
99% they do depending on the manufacters, it's to allow for out of square opening etc.
As I will have to install some form of battening to floor and ceiling I don't want to be too tight, but equally I don't want to have too much of an allowance. Hope someone can help, assuming that this makes sense.
Best to wait for the doors first then re-measure the exact size for frame etc

Thanks for the reply masona. I was hoping to have the framing in place so that I could just purchase the doors and fit them. Haven't much storage space. I suppose it's the best way to go though. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
i have stanley sliding doors in one of my bedrooms. you will need to allow 88 inches (or 2235mm), between framing. the doors and sliding gear will then slot into the 88 inch gap a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back