Slight leak from capillary air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help. In the airing cupboard there is a section of pipe that tee's off from a pipe that links the diverter valve and hot water tank. On top of this pipe there is a capillary air vent.

45763.jpg

The cap on this has started to leak very slightly down the sides rather than from the tiny hole. I was just wondering if changing the cap would stop the leak? I assume the seal has gone? Its done it before but sorted it self out, I assume the limescale sealed it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It sounds like B&Q have decided to 'metricate' 1/2" BSP, and sent one of their goons out with a vernier caliper to do it! :evil:

I suppose 1/2" is near enough 12.7mm, even if 1/2"BSP actually has a major diameter of 20.955mm

Is that 12.7mm the same size as some of their other 1/2"BSP fittings listed as 19mm (the minor diameter of 1/2"BSP)?

Now I know why there's a blanking plug opposite the bleed valve on a rad - you remove that and use a long rad. key to open the valve..... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back