Sloping trench options / concrete level

This is my first self build project so im learning the hard way o_O

So ive set the levelling stake at 600mm depth at the lowest end (BCO said 300mm minimum) and levelled the stakes all the way round, the last stake was level with the first so thats a good sign..... At the highest point the stake was only showing 200mm so i am going round the trench and taking off the bottom to level it off so that all stakes have a minimum depth of 400mm.

So the concrete depth now varies between 400mm to 700mm depending which part of the trench but it is level across the stakes.... Long way round i i know and a lot of graft but i wasnt comfortable.with creating steps as a newbie. Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Majority of those roots are from an old stump that was removed (chopped down about 10years ago).

Luckily the 2 trees together have interlocked roots so they give each other enough support.

The roots might have grown intertwined but you've cut away most of the support they have on the foundations side. It'll be easier/cheaper to fell them before you start building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back