Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried a recipe for this today...

First time I made it and there were many compliments.

The best bit was being able to sit back while it bubbled away slowly unattended.

The only downside is that you have to rub the meat the night before and then get up early to load up the slow cooker because it takes up to 10 hours.

A minor niggle. The stupid US "cup" sizes. I realise it is not just any old cup but a measured amount. The only thing is, there are different opinions on what that measured amount is.

But TBH, you can't really go wrong. The only measurement that I thought was too much was the apple cider vinegar which made the BBQ sauce a smidgeon piquant, to say the least!

I did not have shoulder so I used leg which was boned and took the skin off. If you like crackling, dry, season and roast the skin and serve with the pulled pork in buns along with a slaw.

My pulled Quorn was not quite as successful...:(

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/3525436/recipe/slow-cooker-bbq-pulled-pork

Sponsored Links
Man, that sounds fantastic, I'm going to save that recipe though I must admit that I have a packaged pulled Pork joint in the freezer... Was just wondering what to have for dinner...

I tried Quorn steaks once....

Can't be doing with pork, tbh - supposedly, it's the closest thing to human flesh, barring the real thing.
Which sort of makes sense - what with pig heart valve transplants and such.

Perhaps Brig, but it seems such a shame to use the heart and throw all that delicious bacon away..

Sponsored Links
Nor me!

All the meat I cook is for Mrs Secure & the kids!

Not thought of pulled beef...

But will try it!
We bought one from tesco and the other half said it was awful, just didn't work as pulled beef. I dunno, never eat the stuff myself!
The pre made ones are rubbish buddy.

You just need to buy some brisket and diy. Slow cook around 4-5 hours low heat.
Will be just as tender as the pork - and I think more tasty..

As someone who doesn't eat meat, or have the will to cook like that for the other half, I'll take your word for it!! He does like the pork tesco ones tho, very much. He just said the flavours didn't work together so that's why I piped up! All personal choice tho :)

Sponsored Links
Back