Slow filling toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a toilet that when flushed is very slow to fill. I've attached images to show what inside cistern is like. Would really appreciate advice. Thanks

Attachments

• Toilet 1.JPG
    Toilet 1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 354
  • Toilet 2.JPG
    Toilet 2.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Toilet 3.JPG
    Toilet 3.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Toilet 4.JPG
    Toilet 4.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 340
Sponsored Links
Is the valve fully un-done? What's the water pressure like elsewhere? There is a plumbing section BTW.

I'm not sure. If the valve is what is in the toilet 2 picture, when I turn it with screw driver, it just keeps turning. The water that fills the cistern is very slow but thetwo other toilets in the house work fine.

Yes that is the isolation valve in Pic two, it should not just keep turning. So that would maybe be the first thing to change. But I'm not plumber, as mentioned re-post in the plumbing section.

Sponsored Links
The valve in the pic is almost in the off position, has it always been slow to fill? the valve may be a high pressure unit for mains pressure and if it's tank fed will slow it down too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back