Slow filling toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all am new to this site so please bear with me,I have a problem with a slow filling toilet and have read the posts on here regarding changing the inlet diaphragm but an sure there is nothing wrong with it,have taken the inlet valve assembly apart twice to inspect for split or debris but nothing,could there be any other possibility, thanks in advance....by the way forgot to mention it's a siamp compact valve and works correctly once every 3 flushes which is a bit frustrating!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply,I have already read the document you suggested, as I said I have taken the valve assembly apart 3 times and cannot see any problems, as for the isolation valve,yes one is fitted but why would there be a pressure problem here out of the blue?...many thanks

as for the isolation valve,yes one is fitted but why would there be a pressure problem here out of the blue?...many thanks
*Faulty Iso Valve
*Blockage
*Pipe Sizing
*Water undertakers pressure change, if main pressure system.

To name a few, to try and eliminate what is faulty, would require some investigation.

If everything is fine at the isolation valve, when no demand is being loaded else where.
We can then narrow it down to the section from the isolation valve to the inlet.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that info,just a bit frustrating when a problem appears out of the blue,will have to investigate....isolation valve works OK,pressure to other taps seems OK,one thing I forgot to mention is that when cistern is trying to fill water is escaping in a fine jet around the big nut that houses the diaphragm, is this normal?cheers

either replace diaphragm or make sure diaphragm/washer is located properly for which the water shouldn't be spraying, or big nut needs tightening up
a bit.
paul

Thanks for that info,just a bit frustrating when a problem appears out of the blue
Indeed it is! But we are trying to help!
will have to investigate....
Good starting point
isolation valve works OK
It may work ok, but that is not what I asked. I asked if you had the correct water pressure at this point, as it is a good place to check!
pressure to other taps seems OK
But that does not prove or disprove that you have good pressure at the WC iso valve!

one thing I forgot to mention is that when cistern is trying to fill water is escaping in a fine jet around the big nut that houses the diaphragm
No wonder it takes a long time to fill, if you have water escaping from the siphon, you need to check that the fixing nut is tight and the seal is good.

is this normal
No!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back