Slow leak in bathroom from tub drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - have a bit of a slow leak under our bathtub, looks like it is coming down from the drain - based on the trails left over time.

We only discovered this as a pipe broke, it looks like it has been like this for some time.

Can anyone recommend a product that would seal this?
20210509-150141.jpg

20210508-180617.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like the leak may be from higher up ,and collecting around the waste. The rusty stain appears to go upward .what's that connection higher up ?

Hi - good eye, there is a LED light thing and then further up there is the overfill bit (not sure what it is called). I'll fill the tub up again and see if that leak is coming from the light or the drain.

Just checked - it is indeed coming from the colour-changing LED, rather than the drain.

Sponsored Links
Can you work out how to remove the led unit ,and re seal it ??

iya - it looks like there is a big plastic nut (?) securing it with some adhesive, I imagine that I should be able to gently loosen this, apply some sealant and then tighten back up? I've never done anything with plastic-y things like this and fibreglass, so understandably cautious. (actually have tried tightening a smaller version of that thing elsewhere and it cracked).
20210516-171415-2.jpg

Plastic can go quite brittle with age ,and before trying to loosen it you should ensure you can get a replacement . Silicone sealant applied ,if you do manage to loosen it ,should seal it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back