Slow rcbo times ??

Odd indeed!

I had no idea this morning which instrument bw had, but thought I'd try mine in a similar environment today.

Today, under the guise of "testing" a customer's RCBO, I ran similar tests (not quite as thorough as RF's!) and similar results came back.

I'm not using an easitest, but the same instrument as RF's.

[cue twilight zone musak]

Sponsored Links
I must confess I only ever test the RCBOs in my own house using the plug-in lead on the tester (it is a rather old MK one) as it is just quick and easy "reassurance" and I am doing it as a householder

Today I went back to the scene of the crime, and put L,N, AND E on as normal still no luck, fitted an RCBO to board with no outgoing still no luck, took off the earth connection and connected it with neutral probe and they all worked fine, however with either the N or E disconnected test would not perform ? Definately making contact with probes and croc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back