RCD to RCBO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 17th Edition Hager Dual RCD CU and want to replace the RCD's amd MCB with RCBO's.

The neutral bar is split into 3 with two strips for the RCDs. If I want to fit RCBO instaed of RCDs and MCB what would I have to change in the CU?

1. Neutral bar becomes one.
2. All RCBO's fed from same continuous busbar.
3. Neutral flying lead form RCBO goes to the Neutral strip
4. White lfying lead on RCBO goes to earth
5. L & N from each circuit goes into the L (Out) N(out) of the RCBO & earh goes to earth strip.

Can someone confirm if this is correct as I have not used RCBO's before.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
yes it sounds right, but what will you be changing the rcd's for? is it a re-confugurable board?

yes it sounds right, but what will you be changing the rcd's for? is it a re-confugurable board?

Both RCD's will be removed and all circuits will be on RCBOs. Its more expensive I know but better than current setup with all sockest on one RCD and the lights on the other RCD. They should of have been split with lights for downstairs and the sockets for upstairs on one RCD and vice versa for the other RCD.

All I need to do is replace the busbar and make the neutral strip one continous strip. I have not installed RCBOs before and just want to confirm what I am doing in terms on connecting an RBCO is OK.

Thanks

Are the lights on the same RCD owing to a borrowed neutral - often seen on the landing light?

Sponsored Links
Are the lights on the same RCD owing to a borrowed neutral - often seen on the landing light?

Dunno....I have not looked that deeply, will need to delve further. Its a large house and there are 3 light circuits all on the same RCD.

if there are no shared neutrals, why not reconfigure the board to be better split, although are you able to test the circuits after you have altered things??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back