Slow running hot water taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my hot water taps upstairs and downstairs are running increasingly slower and have been over the past few months. Cold water is fine but hot isn`t as bad as a trickle but isn`t much better. I have a cold water tank in my loft. (which incidentally has quite a lot of grit lying on the bottom (is this normal/ok)) and the hot water tank is on the upstairs landing same level as bathroom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Grit in the tank is probably scale(hard water area?) give the system a blast with mains water.

a blast with mains water
He means back up the HW pipe. Easiest way is to connect the H and C washing machine taps together with one of the hoses, for say 10 seconds. See if it makes a difference. Best to measure the flow before and after, into a bucket, to be sure.

sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by giving it a blast. Also the grit is a black/brown colour should i drain the tank and remove most of it. Will this help the slow running hot water

Sponsored Links
Posts crossed. See similar problem, same answer, in "charliechops" question a few posts down the page at the moment..

Thanks guys a great success in the kitchen and bath. Only the sink in the bathroom hot tap still running slow should i take the tap off and see if it is blocked..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back