Sludged up boiler heat ex qustion .....

ok fair enough. I'm not gas safe registered at the moment so I understand your point there, was just trying to learn a bit about boiler fault finding

Sponsored Links
Thing is Harry, To be good at fault finding takes time, late days, headaches, going down the wrong path, and experiance, nobody is going to tell you any sort of shortcut or you would be as good as them without earning the hassle ;)

I understand that, I was just trying to learn a bit about fault finding, not saying I wanna know everything someone knows/has learned, etc

Sponsored Links
I know that, but also it could be down to a sludged up system, as newer boilers have smaller heat ex's and they can get blocked.
You are basically talking about the Giannoni. It is very obvious when it has sludged up, sounds like an aeroplane taking off. Fortunately I haven't in practice encountered it very often. It is talked about a lot more than the reality.

the pump: do you mean the pump failing/slowing...

yes both happen. You can get a pump failing gradually causing the same symptom the boiler overheats not because it is scaled up but because the pump is real low powered . It can fool you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back