Small grid switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a two gang switch on a single "square" faceplate in our utility room. One switch is for the utility room light, the other is a 2-way for the garage. It currently has a rather crude neon indicator that shows when the garage light is on (it is just a neon poked through a hole drilled in the faceplate!) which I would like to replace with something a bit more professional. I would like to keep it as a single gang sized accessory and was looking for maybe a grid switch with a couple of switches and a neon, however I can only seem to find 3 modules on a double sized faceplate. Is there a manufacturer of grids that does 3 modules in a single-gang sized faceplate?

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
You can get grid switches that include a neon, so you could get a single-sizes grid plate and fit one regular switch and one neon switch.

You can get grid switches that include a neon, so you could get a single-sizes grid plate and fit one regular switch and one neon switch.

Do you have a link to a two-way switch with neon endecot? The only ones I have seen are one-way double pole.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps!
Gaz, that Clipsal range is quite neat, and I will file them away for future reference, however at over £17 for what I need plus postage it's just pushing the budget a bit too far, but thanks anyway.
Secure, that Click stuff is just the job, thank you. The switches will be very similar physically to what we have already, so not too much fumbling in the dark!

This crude neon is it actually wired to a NEUTRAL as thats what you will need for your new set up.
Some bodgers get the neon to work using an unorthodox way which is wrong

Last edited:
Yes there is a neutral at the switch rocky, I won't be using the cpc if that's what you meant.

A neon takes about the same current as is leaked to earth by all sorts of SMPSs.

If the latter is acceptable, why not the former? Is it purely and simply because there is a reasonable alternative for the former but not the latter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back