Small leak in roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, after all the heavy rain we had, i took the oppurtunity to check the roof out so went into the attic and notice a small leak.

My roof from the inside, is firstly covered with what looks like chip board, the felt, then the tiles. i broke some of the wet chipboard away and noticed that at some point in the past, someone has patched a hole in the felt, and this is now again leaking.

So, questions are.

1/ Can this be fixed from the inside by a competent diyer? (think some new felt, bitumen, etc)

2/ I assume if i get a roofer in, he 'should' be able to lift some tiles, find the hole, patch it, and replace tiles? Is this right?

Regards.

Sponsored Links
If the roof is a tiled roof then it will work without felt. My roof along with probably millions of other houses in the country don't have felt under the tiles. Looking at the outside of your roof you should be able to see damage to or something amiss with the tiles and it's this defect you should be concentrating on, any type of repair attempted from inside is pointless really.

Mmm... ok then, I will need to have a spy then. Some ladders required me thinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back