leaking roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any roof tilers/surveyors etc who could give me some advice.
I have noticed in my attic that there seems to be some rain penetration getting through the tiles/felt.
There is wet patches seeming to be in straightish lines on the insulation between the joists,having investigated the felt i noticed that the felt is not over lapped in certain areas (is this right practice?),and in some places I can actually put my finger through and touch the tile.
Also when it rains there seems to be like water penetration underneath the felt (ie condensation like).
Ican also see daylight if i look from inside the attic,again this to me doesn't seem right?
Having inspected the tiles there does not seem to be any broken.

Sponsored Links
hi,
condensation is your most likely cause.is your attic well enough insulated, and ventilated?
roofing felt is your second line of defence to keep the rain out, the roof covering is your first, you would not be able to tell from the ground if you had cracks in your tiles. read the other threads on condensation in roof spaces to give you a better idea.

Hi

I too thought that the most likely problem was condensation.

Having called a roofer in to look at it today he has assured me that it is very bad condensation and is going to fit some vents in to the tiles to hopefully cure the problem.

Thanks for your advice

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back