Small patio extension against fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As per the title I am after a bit of patio advice. Essentially I am looking to undertake a very small extension of my patio as I've managed to acquire some slabs FOC and as you can see by the pictures the grass simply does not grow.

Slabs are 45x45cm and I plan to use about 20 slabs so approximately 4sq m to cover.

Where I am struggling is firstly what drainage I should put up against the house (there is drainage on the other side of the house as per pic below so am thinking to match) and secondly how to reduce the pressure against the fence/posts from the patio and base. The fence belongs to me as does the grass and driveway on the other side of the fence as per pic below

Any sensible suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
That strip of gravel near the house is not a drain, it is there to prevent the walls getting damp from water splashed up from the patio. If they have been installed correctly the slabs should slope away from the house so that the water runs off them into the lawn. So you do need the gravel strip near the house wall for your patio extension and I would also put a gravel strip at the base of the fence, the new slabs need to slope in the same way as the existing ones, hopefully the low end of the slope is not near the fence but is near the lawn at the bottom of your first picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back