Extending raised Patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we have been going round in circles deciding what to do with our front porch area and I think we have finally finally decided what do to.

We have a raised patio outside our font door which needs redoing. It has a concrete slab underneath

Im thinking to edge the slab with sleepers, we also want to extend it slightly to the side as a place for storage, so will use sleepers to frame the area.

sleepers_compressed.jpg sleepers2_compressed.jpg

For the existing patio area im thinking I need to remove the current slabs, then fill in with MOT 1? to bring it up to the level of current slabs / to the top of the sleepers - the current slabs sit on big dabs of mortar and sand and soil - then will lay new patio slabs on top on a full bed of mortar.

The small extension in front of the fence is about 306cm from ground to top of current slabs. After digging out the grass do I just need to backfill the whole thing with MOT 1 and then mortar bed and slabs or should I use something else to backfill the bigger area. Could I reuse the old patio slabs to build up the level?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The sleepers or whatever for the wall needs to go into the ground to give something to push back against so that all that weight may be held back. the old slabs could go in vertically behind the sleepers? as something to stop water coming out between them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back