Small shop vacuum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having cut some timber with my circular saw and drilled some pocket holes, the floor of my garage is covered in sawdust.

I really need dust extraction but I’m a novice to woodworking and space is at a premium in the garage.

What would you recommend that had a small footprint?

Sponsored Links
if you want to, you can put it outside and run rigid plastic watepipe along the inside wall of your workshop, with connection terminals at intervals.

is cost a concern?

Nilfisk Attix 33 M.

I have a re-badged (as Makita) Attix 44 M and it's superb for the money.

Unless you're making use of a planer thicknesser you won't really need anything beyond a vacuum extractor.

if you want to, you can put it outside and run rigid plastic watepipe along the inside wall of your workshop

is cost a concern?
It’s an option but limits my ability to work in the garage when it’s raining outside. Cost not a massive issue but don’t want to spend £750 on a festool ctm 26.

Nilfisk Attix 33 M.

I have a re-badged (as Makita) Attix 44 M and it's superb for the money.

Unless you're making use of a planer thicknesser you won't really need anything beyond a vacuum extractor.
The garage/workshop is too small for lots of tools so things like a plane thicknesser will be out of the question. All I see it being used for are handheld tools like jigsaw, random orbital sander, the pocket screw jig, and if I ever get round to it, a router table.

Sponsored Links
It’s an option but limits my ability to work in the garage when it’s raining outside. Cost not a massive issue but don’t want to spend £750 on a festool ctm 26.

The garage/workshop is too small for lots of tools so things like a plane thicknesser will be out of the question. All I see it being used for are handheld tools like jigsaw, random orbital sander, the pocket screw jig, and if I ever get round to it, a router table.

The Nilfisk M class vacs IMO offer what festool do in their vacs for a considerably lower price. The Attix bags are fairly cheap, around £5 a piece and they're a decent size and the vac has a washable PET secondary filter. You can get them for H class with a third filter stage but for home use there's not really much need for an H class or even an M class Vac but I'd always advise an M over an L.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back