Smaller size pop-up plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am finally getting round to sorting out the niggling little things in the house I bought last year.

The two upstairs bathroom sinks/basins have pop-up wastes but the pop-up plug itself is missing in both (they have the rods and linkage, etc., but no plugs).

I had wrongly assumed that the standard pop-up plugs from the sheds would fit, but they don't, they're a little too big so the strainer part does not even go down the pipe at all.

From some Googling, it looks like they should all be a standard 40mm / 1 1/4" size, so does it seem like I have freak sinks, or could they be from overseas? Any ideas please? I really do not want to have to replace the entire waste and I don't particularly want to botch it by fitting standard /universal plugs without the pop-up operating.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Measure the diameter of the waste hole? What size is it? If it's a european 35mm waste then you may have trouble getting one.
May be time replace the waste methinks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back