Smart alarm upgrade required , suggestions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 20 year old security 700l and we want to upgrade it to a smart alarm with app. I liked the look of the Risco lightsys and touch screen pads as a friend has one but our local installer won't provide one as he says its unreliable and only uses Oricec now. I have 4 pir's and door contacts and garage contacts and bell existing so I want the same to exist apart from one pir is fed by telephone cable as it was an extension to alarm provided by company so might need to be replaced by wireless pir.
Is the Risco Lightsys recommended or is Orisec ok as I see they do a touchscreen
thanks

Sponsored Links
Not a fan of touch screen keypads. Some are more responsive than others, screen scratches, finger marks,kids pressing screen too hard + additional cost.
Are you upgrading yourself or professional install?
Orisec are exclusively professional installer only and unable to source parts from any wholesalers.
Most Manufacturer now charge for the use of their app.

I think I would prefer the Orisec touch screen out of the two to be honest, the marks though can be an issue, the Orisec keypad can scramble the keypad numbers so they are in a different place, this means your code isn't easy guessed from the grease marks.

secureiam , would you go for a Orisec system or recommend another brand.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I look at what the customer wants out of the system firmest and foremost.

If your installing it yourself Orisec is not available to non installers in the UK at least.

Just had first alarm company in to price upgrade wired system to orisec , just straight swap like for like with touchscreen keypad price nearly £1k, roll on next 2 quotes as this won’t happen

so I have had 5 quotes for different makes, Orisec, Texecom and Risco. I was surprised how bad some companies are at quoting and giving info about the system they want to install.
I have chosen a company who fit Risco Lightsys Plus ( they only fit Risco ) but also fit Texecom bell box and Opted pir's so hopefully the best of everything.
Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back