Smart Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have installed a Smartthings automation system, it works great for security but it has no external siren. Here is my idea: I still have the old system external siren sitting on the front wall of my house, I was thinking I could run an extension cable from the siren to an indoor socket where I'd put a Smartthings Power Outlet to integrate the siren into the system.

My question is: does the siren need a 12v transformer or will it work strait off the socket? and most importantly, will it be constantly "live" once plugged in (the Power Outlet essentially switches the socket "on" and "off" only)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with your system.

Given that the bellbox is from a previous alarm system I would suspect that your bell is powered by a 12V supply and has a bell and possible strobe trigger.

If however you had a master blaster (unlikely in a domestic) they are powered by mains power and fired 12 volt relay and it its rated about 60mA for the relay if I remember correctly, the Super M is effectively the same unit with Mains on Off no relay.

These are loud at 127 dB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back